As Mia, Dain, and I took a lovely drive through the country side of lexington, we stopped on the side of the road to observe an unusual sight. Over twenty vultures sat overhead in the trees, waiting for their prey. My mind immediately thought of the scripture 1 Nephi 15:24. it reads -
"And I said unto them that it was the word of God; and whoso would harken unto the word of God and would hold fast unto it, they would never perish; neither could the fiery darts of the adversary overpower them unto blindness, to lead them away to destruction."
The world is full of vultures who lay wait in the trees for us. They wait for a simple mistake, one step in the wrong direction, for a moment when we are vulnerable, and then they make their move. If you examine the characteristics of vultures, you know that they do not attack something that is strong and living. Vultures attack only the weak and near death, or the already dead. It is only through blindness and temptation that we become spiritually weakened, or spiritually dead, and vulnerable to the adversary and his vultures.
Just like it says in 1 Nephi 15:24, If we hold fast to the word of God (Scriptures, prophets counsel, prayer, commandments, the Atonement) then the devil and his minions will never be able to hurt us. They can try with all their might, but the Lord promises us that we will NEVER PERISH!
What an amazing promise. Here at SVU, I need all the help I can get. It's so strange living on my own, making my own decisions, and becoming my own person. Just like every other student here, I need guidance, and I need help. I no longer have my parents to lean on, but I know, without a doubt, that I can always rely on the Lord. As I hold fast to his word, and as I do those things daily which will bring me closer to Him, He will guide my life and help me get through trials and temptations.
I love the scriptures so much, and all of things that I am learning as I study each day. I truly feel like I have become so much closer to the Savior, and to my Heavenly Father. It is an amazing blessing in my life. I receive answers to prayers through the scriptures, and learning something new each day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment