As assigned, this blog will also be used for occasional postings from my College Composition class.
Music is free. It is the one thing in my life that I have always felt free and comfortable doing. I have been singing for as long as i can remember, and have always loved being on the stage. It all began at Family Home Evening when I was just a little girl. We would start off the night by picking primary songs to sing. If anyone wasn't singing along with the family, they would then be punished by having to sing a solo. I would always purposefully get caught not singing, then jump up and say "I want to sing a slow-lo!" Ever since then, my love for performing has escalated with each performance, and my love for music has been engrained deep in my heart.
What about music is "free" to me? In reality, music is only about the sound and the rhythm. It is something in my life that I have always been confident about. It has never been about body image or weight. It is not about how tall or short I am, how my hair looks, or what clothes I am wearing. It is not about any of those things, because when I am up on the stage, and I'm singing from my heart, that song, and that feeling are the only things that matter. Everything else just blurs away.
No comments:
Post a Comment