About Me

My photo
Hello, my name is Megan! This blog is dedicated to my writings, my pondering, my musings, my searchings and the answers I find. Everyone has a story to share, a way to impact others. I want to share my stories, and my experiences, in hopes that someone else may find answers and direction for their searchings, and their musing. Love- Megan Anne.

Saturday, February 9, 2013

Leave the Dead Burried

I sit before a secret keeper
her lips, sewn and sealed
her mind open to my words
I painfully drag deep dark shadows from the cellar
pulling them, wrapped in chains
lathered in cobwebs
they cling to walls and posts
The more I pull,
the more they hold on

They grow stronger and stronger
as they near the surface
with each tear
they think they have won
They threaten to regain control in a cleansed mind
I continue to pull
my world spirals

The cellar shadows veil my eyes
consuming my mind
they hurt more
than in the past
and do more damage

They rip the chains from their ankles
with their gnashing teeth
and slowly bind me
to the wall I'll never leave

 They sling the cobwebs around my face
plastering my lips closed
silencing every plea

The shadows I had once repressed
are now repressing me
In unburying the dead
a revolution has begun against the living
one seldom to be undone.

No comments:

Post a Comment