About Me

My photo
Hello, my name is Megan! This blog is dedicated to my writings, my pondering, my musings, my searchings and the answers I find. Everyone has a story to share, a way to impact others. I want to share my stories, and my experiences, in hopes that someone else may find answers and direction for their searchings, and their musing. Love- Megan Anne.

Thursday, October 6, 2011

College = Politic Withdrawal - College Composition Writing Assignment

     It would be blasphemous for me to begin writing about our government; criticizing it, complaining about what is wrong with is, because honestly I am very ill informed about the majority of what goes on in our nation today.
     As we were discussing what it means to be intellectually developed in my Leader-Servant class the other day, one topic that the teacher included was being well informed in the nations events, the world events, and knowing how these things effect our country and us personally. The teacher started naming important events, or debates that are currently happening, and almost every student gave him a blank stare. I was completely amazed. It really brought me to my senses.
     How can we, the future leaders of America, the future tax payers and decision makers, the future parents and business leaders, be so unaware of the country that we live in? We must know more! we must try to understand the bills that our government passes or proposes, that wars that our country is involved in, and how outside affairs effect our society and economy.
     I promised, in that moment, that I would never be the one with the blank stare again. I want to truly understand my government so that I can be an active part of it.
     After all, isn't this a government by the people?
     It is going to take time to learn all that I can. There is so much going on around the world, and it is constantly changing, but the energy and effort put in to tho quest for knowledge will be well worth the time spent. As I learn more, I can become an active part of my community and country.

No comments:

Post a Comment