If I could save your soul
I would tell you all I know
If I could heal your heart
and give you a fresh start
I would sing you every song
and each new joy prolong
If I could help you see
your perfect innocence, your beauty
I would praise you every day
and for you always pray
* I really hate writing rhyming poetry, but I figured that I would give it a try today.... yep... still don't like it. Recently I have had several different opportunities come up to give back. I received a lot of help in high school and since, with the trials I have gone through, and have emerged a much better person, and so much stronger, and now it is my turn to help. I have the opportunity to be a mentor, to staff a life changing experience, the blessing to speak to a group of young women about my experiences, and an opportunity to be a friend and help a young woman who is going through similar things that I did. All of this is coming at once, and I am just amazed at how my experiences in my life, and the things I have learned have shaped me into who I am today, to be able to help others and to give back. I want so badly to help these women. To help everyone I meet. To share my story and to hope and pray that it influences their decisions.
No comments:
Post a Comment