Positive affirmations are AMAZING!
I have a big list of affirmations that I have been saying to myself in the shower every morning. I don't say all of them every day, but just the ones that I feel I will need that day.
It is truly amazing how much power your mind has. It WILL believe what you tell it.
If you are constantly telling yourself that you are sick, then by golly you are gonna get sick.
My dad would always give me this analogy... "man... I always get a headache at 3 o'clock... hey what time is it... it's three o'clock? ow! I have a headache!"
Hahaha you gotta laugh, but deep down we know it is so true.
I've been listening to this wonderful audio book by Wayne Dyer called Excuses Begone, and I absolutely love it! He goes in depth about our thought processes and how we are children of God, the most intelligent and most powerful being in the universes, and how we are created after Him, therefore our minds have incomprehensible power!
The amazing thing is that I have seriously noticed a difference in my life since I have started nourishing my mind with healthy thoughts and positive affirmations and reminders about who I really am. I enjoy life so much more; not just life in general, but I find joy in simple little pleasures of each day. I am more inclined and available to help others and notice when they need a friend. I have a smile on my face for more of the day, and randomly find myself smiling for no reason at all, other than I know I am SO blessed and So loved. My body is more healthy and strong than it has been in over 3 years. I believe in it, and its power to heal and restore the abuse that I have put it through. My mind is also in a better place than it has been in over 3 years as well. I am able to accomplish things mentally, and get through tough things with strength that brings ease. I know more than ever that Heavenly Father is there for me, and that he loves me. I have learned through my life thus far that he gives us trials to refine us. Everyone's trials are highly personalized, and only by submitting to them CHEERFULLY, saying "Lord, Thy will be done," will we be able to learn and grow all that we can from them, and it is only then that He will lift the burden from our backs.
The savior has already suffered for EVERYTHING that will ever happen to any person ever, and so he can make intercession for us, but Heavenly Father still puts us through these specific trials because we need the growth and the knowledge and the refinement that comes. ... wow tangent much?
Anyway... I know through Christ, all things are possible. It is through him that I have overcome many battles, and live to fight another day.
I found this on Pinterest today, and thought it was appropriate for how I have been feeling lately. Hope it helps you too!
(Not that I would EVER invite satan to come at me for fun... Im just saying.. He ain't got nothin on me!)
oh p.s. I challenge you to write your own positive affirmations!! If you need help let me know.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment