About Me

My photo
Hello, my name is Megan! This blog is dedicated to my writings, my pondering, my musings, my searchings and the answers I find. Everyone has a story to share, a way to impact others. I want to share my stories, and my experiences, in hopes that someone else may find answers and direction for their searchings, and their musing. Love- Megan Anne.

Saturday, March 10, 2012

I'm Back!

Hello Hello Hello!
I have returned from my spring break adventure in the Bahamas! I had such a great time, and saw some beautiful parts of the world. Unfortunately the weather didn't cooperate as much as we wanted while we were there and we missed two ports, but on the return we were able to hit one that we missed. We spent a great deal of time on the ship but found various ways to entertain ourselves. We went dancing and did some karaoke, we swam and laid out, and we relaxed by reading books and watching movies. The beaches were beautiful and the water was a unique aqua color. I loved the warm weather and the tan that I got from laying on the beach!... haha okay, okay, I am done bragging!
Yes, I had a great time, but it is seriously good to be back. The food was great, but its nice to be back to regular meals.. not so lavish and eccentric. Yes, I ate alligator and frog legs and conch and a bunch of other stuff I've never imagined myself trying. haha. I decided to be adventurous and let myself have fun.
The one really important thing that I learned over spring break on my cruise was how VERY VERY important it is to have the Holy ghost with you at ALL times. I guess its pretty pathetic that I am almost 20 and this was the first time I've been out of an LDS environment, surrounded by people who are drinking, smoking, and doing all sorts of immoral things. It really took me by surprise. I guess you could say I felt like a return missionary, haha I was in shock. Nicole kept telling me that this wasn't even half of how mad it got. I can't even imagine. It was really hard to be in that environment 24/7 and to keep the Holy Ghost with me. While I wasn't sinning and doing those things, the holy ghost can't be very strong in a concentrated environment that is. So that was a struggle, but a very good lesson to learn.
I'm glad to be back  to my normal routine and in a place where people aren't constantly drunk and saying "f this and f that..etc etc.) I'm extremely lucky to have been raised where I was, but I definitely applaud those who grew up amongst the tares and still managed to be a shining wheat of the harvest.
I'm dreading returning to classes on monday... and I'm totally procrastinating my homework that is due monday... I even have 2 essays that are due on wednesday and they are both only half done! Ah!
Well anyway, here are some pictures from the trip. Enjoy!

































Oh p.s.... Only 6 more weeks till I get to move home! (then I have to get a job and work my butt off hahah)

1 comment:

  1. Megan! You are too Beautiful! well, actually you're just super beautiful! I loved the pictures. :) loves ya!

    ReplyDelete