Government does not mean politics. When America was founded, the Founding Fathers did not intend for there to be separate feuding parties. I really appreciate democracy, and I think it is a government inspired by God. I appreciate the ability to vote, and to have... somewhat of a say in how the country goes, but I feel like the United States slips further and further away from true democracy as political parties grow bigger, stronger and more radical.
A democracy means government for and by the people. A land ruled by all men equally. In the beginning, George Washington was grieved and troubled because the American wanted him to be their kind and their ruler. He did not want there to be one ruler, so senate and the house of reps and congress and such were set up. For awhile this was all fine and well. The system benefited Americans greatly, and governing was still by the people.
Now political bodies have spun out of control. Each party does only what it can to help its followers or members, and it seems the goal is to be on top. Very few think about what would be good for America as a country. Presidents only seem to want office so they can "change" things to how they want them to be. Ridiculous bills are passed, unethical laws and constant amending to the original U.S Constitution.
With all of this turmoil, and the corruption of men in government, I do not necessarily feel that this country "has my back." I know this is a promised land, and is SO much greater than so many places in the world; places where the government is tyrannical, or a monarch where religion is not free, etc, but I do feel like America has the potential to be so much more. America is worth so much more than we have settled on and declined to being.
Where is the government that was once for the people, not for the oppressing of the people? Where is the government that was by the people, not by the select political party leaders only?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment